c u i s i n e

Some recent culinary adventures, at home and out/about in Kyoto:


homemade spciy tofu Korean soup with enoki mushrooms, mizuna, and egg

dashi-maki (egg omelet) made specially by Master at Kinasa. He knows it is my FAVORITE!

pretty much what I make for lunch everyday! Udon in dashi (fish) broth with roasted vegetables (here: daikon, cabbage, carrot, nagaimo). topped with citrus spice and black pepper. 

"Mexican food" at an "ethnic" restaurant in my neighborhood. The garlic butter was tasty tho...

Brunch I made for my friends Lili and Olivinde the other week. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sauteed eringi mushrooms and cabbage, toast, avocado, and lots of butter. +champagne

housemade pickles at a tiny Russian shot bar near the Kamo river. Made with no vinegar, just soaked with lots of salt and pepper...I think. Perfect accompany to a shot of vodka in what seemed to be a very authentic Russian joint. The owner, while Japanese, visits Russia often. They sure do love connoisseurship here.

Lili and a big plate of yakiniku (grilled meat!) Here we have chicken wings, meatballs, liver, heart, and neck meat. I have never really loved liver or heart but I did on this night, especially the liver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 6-9, 2007

Down South...

Goodbye Tokyo!