Tōji Market II

Today is the 21st, which marks the monthly market held in honor of Kukai's death anniversary at Tōji temple, just south of my house. Last month my friend Lili and I came late in the afternoon as everything was closing up for the day. This time, I biked down around 11am to see the market in full swing. Wow, was it! Shouts of welcome, come see this, come taste that, rang throughout corridors of stalls selling what I can only conclude is everything a person might possibly need, ever. Flowers, food, antiques, bicycles, spices, shoes, clothing, hardware, DVDs, everything! It also happened to be a marvelous autumn day. I ended up buying great holiday gifts, along with dried figs, molasses with turmeric, honey with ginger, fried chicken, and a piping hot pancake filled with sweet bean paste (I waited in line about twenty minutes for this, and it was worth every second!).










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept. 6-9, 2007

Down South...

Goodbye Tokyo!